Where Does The Foam In The Dishwasher Come From?
When buying a dishwasher, housewives expect to get rid of routine work. This technique saves you the trouble of washing the dishes, but it requires attention. If you don’t want to wash your cups and spoons, take care of your helper. One symptom of improper use is dishwasher foam (Dishwasher Foam). Let’s figure out why foaming is increasing and how to deal with it.
Causes of increased foaming in the dishwasher
In any dishwasher – “Bosch”, “Siemens”, “Samsung” or another, after the end of the cycle, the foam may appear on the bottom. Remove the plug from the socket immediately and close the water supply valve. If you do not want the water to run out from under the door, you must remove it as soon as possible. And then – find the cause of the problem.
Poor quality dishwasher detergents
Provide your clipper with good consumables. It is forbidden to use preparations that are not intended for the dishwasher – washing powder, manual dishwashing detergents. Manufacturers offer four forms of release of detergents:
When buying a drug, pay attention to its quality and shelf life. Cheap versions, like expired ones, are better not to take.
If you buy an expensive, high-quality product, but after washing the dishes, there is still a lot of foam on the bottom, you may need to reconsider the dosage.
The measuring spoon used to pour in powders must be completely dry. In general, powders tend to clump in humid environments. These lumps can settle to the bottom, and then the sediment is used in the next cycle – the foam formation will intensify.
The system in the dishwasher is clogged – what to do?
A common reason for foam remaining after appliance operation is a blockage on the dust filter screen. This happens when the dishwasher is constantly loaded with bowls and pans covered with frozen grease. He clogs the holes located at the bottom of the chamber, which is why the water gradually begins to leave worse and worse. As a result, even after the end of the cycle, the remains of tablets or gel can be seen in the dishwasher.
What should I do if foam remains in the dishwasher due to possible clogging? It is important to clean the filter every couple of weeks to prevent these problems from occurring. But if the blockage has already been detected, you need to do the following:
- Open the chamber door.
- Remove the basket located below.
- Unscrew the filter from the pallet, remove the metal mesh.
- Rinse all parts of the filter assembly with water.
- Install the elements in place.
After washing, foam in the dishwasher will no longer appear if the filter is cleaned regularly.
Incorrect dishwasher cycle setting
Clogging and poor quality powder are the most common causes of increased foaming, but not the only ones. If the tablet does not have time to dissolve during the cycle, its remnants will end up at the bottom, and the next time they are washed, they will start working – here is the extra foam for you.
In order for the tablet preparations to dissolve well, use modes with a water temperature of 50 degrees.
Violation of the rules for using the dishwasher
Protein foods can cause increased foaming. Rather, it remains on the dishes. If there is yogurt, cottage cheese, egg white on the plates. These products contain a protein that contributes to the appearance of foam.
Thoroughly empty any food items before placing them in the dishwasher.
How do I clean the dishwasher chamber?
It is recommended to remove the effects of active foaming step by step:
- Disconnect the clipper from the mains. Remove all dishes from the dishwasher chamber and scoop out the foam into the prepared bowl.
- Use a washing vacuum cleaner – if available. It has filters thanks to which you can suck in water.
- Thoroughly wipe the bottom of the hopper with a sponge.
- Wipe with a dry cloth – to remove any remaining moisture. Be careful when working: you can burn yourself on parts that heat up during use.
When the chamber is cleaned, it remains to use one of the products that absorb the foam.
- Salt and Vinegar. Pour the vinegar straight to the bottom. Half a glass is enough. Sprinkle the vinegar with salt on top – two or three handfuls are enough. Start the dishwasher – let it run for a minute or two. After turning off the device, look into the bunker. If there are still traces of foam, repeat the acetic salt procedure. Repeat until the chamber is completely free of bubbling liquid.
- Olive oil. This technique is recommended by the dishwasher manufacturers themselves. If olive oil is not available, any vegetable oil will do. Fill the bottom with oil – half a glass, start the machine. One cycle is enough to eliminate traces of foam.
Where Does The Foam In The Dishwasher Come From?
The most difficult problem, in this case, is the breakdown of the heating element. If washing takes place at a temperature of fewer than 40 degrees, this leads to a lot of foam formation. Therefore, the heater should be checked. Most dishwashers, it is located in the lower part of the body and are part of the circulation pump. We recommend that you carefully read the instructions and observe the dosage of detergents as indicated on the packaging.
If the measures taken did not help, the foam still remains or the device stopped working, you need to contact the repair of dishwashers. Such problems can only be eliminated by a specialist. Experienced staff will quickly identify the cause of the breakdown.