Modern Egg Cooker: Automatic Egg Cooking
It is not always possible to boil an egg with exactly the desired result: soft-boiled, in a bag, or hard-boiled in the traditional way on the stove. You can either not cook it, and get an overly liquid yolk, or digest it, then it turns out to be too dense.
And due to the slightest careless action when lowering an egg into the water during cooking, the shell may crack, some of its contents leak out. The finished product is not attractive. A completely different result can be obtained with an electric egg cooker: this kitchen appliance takes the process of boiling eggs to a whole new level.
- Benefits of using an egg cooker
- Pros of using an electric egg cooker:
- How do automatic egg cookers work?
- Varieties of egg boilers
- Important points for choosing an electric model of an egg cooker
- Egg cooker design
- Egg cooker power
- Number of eggs in an egg cooker
- Additional egg cooker options
- How long does it take to cook eggs in an egg cooker?
- How long do you cook an egg in a microwave egg cooker?
- Is it OK to eat an egg every day?
Benefits of using an egg cooker
An egg cooker is a kitchen electrical appliance that makes it possible to significantly simplify the process of cooking boiled eggs for the hostess in strict compliance with the recipe for various dishes:
- stuffed eggs;
- salad “Olivier” or any other, where this product is included as an ingredient in boiled form;
- onion and egg pies and much more.
To use the egg cooker, special skills are not required, and the instructions supplied with the device are available to reveal all the nuances. Studying the instruction manual is especially important if the model is automatic and is equipped with additional equipment, for example, for making fried eggs for 2 eggs.
Pros of using an electric egg cooker:
- eggs never crack;
- the quality of the product meets the required consistency;
- automatic regulation of the cooking process;
- economical water consumption;
- While boiling eggs, you can do other things.
How do automatic egg cookers work?
The classic electric egg cooker is quite simple. It includes the following structural elements:
- heat-insulated tank with a lid;
- removable tray (the number of cells differs depending on the model);
- electric heater built into the body;
- device controls (on/off button, cooking modes regulator, light indicators, and others);
- additional functionality depending on the model.
The power source of the device is a household electrical network.
Boiling eggs in an egg cooker is easy. A tray with a raw product is immersed inside the tank, which is filled with water.
Before laying eggs, it is necessary to pierce with a special needle, which is necessarily provided in the design of the device. This is done so that the shell does not crack during cooking from excess pressure inside.
Next, close the lid of the appliance, select the required mode and initiate the cooking process. Cooking takes a few minutes. Most of the models offered on the market are with a timer and an automatic device shutdown system.
Varieties of egg boilers
Depending on the cooking method, appliances are divided into two classes: electric and microwave cooking. By form factor, the following stand out:
- classic submersible egg cooker;
- apparatus for boiling eggs for a couple;
- molds for boiling eggs without shells (poached).
Egg cooker for microwave
The device for boiling eggs in the microwave is arranged according to the classic pattern, with the only difference being that there is no heating element with a power cord. The egg cooker is a container with a lid made of a material suitable for microwave ovens and an egg holder tray. The device is loaded classically is sent to the microwave for a few minutes.
Among housewives, a pan for boiling eggs in a microwave, made in the form of a chicken, is popular: it is convenient to use and looks cute.
Equipment for boiling eggs without the shell
The device is a mold with a tight-fitting lid. The contents of the egg are poured into the container, after which the form is tightly fixed with a lid. The devices prepared for cooking are immersed in boiling water for several minutes. Molds for boiling poached eggs are made of high-quality heat-resistant food-grade plastic.
Important points for choosing an electric model of an egg cooker
The assortment of devices presented on store counters is wide. Despite the narrow specialization, it is not so easy to buy a suitable egg boiler for a family. You should pay attention not only to the dimensions, appearance of the device, and the price but also to important technical parameters:
- quality of materials for the case and removable tray;
- thermal insulation of the device;
- the maximum number of boiled eggs per cycle,
- protective mechanism against overheating;
- additional devices.
Egg cooker design
The body of the device can be made of heat-resistant plastic (budget option) or stainless steel (premium class). Some manufacturers use special durable glass as a cover. Most models are equipped with graduated measuring cups that accurately reflect the water level required to boil eggs with different yolk consistencies.
The manufacturers prescribe the level of thermal insulation in the operating instructions for the device. The higher it is, the better.
Egg cooker power
The power indicator of devices presented in stores varies from 280 to 400 watts. Moreover, the more product per cycle the egg cooker can cook, the higher the power consumption indicator should be.
Number of eggs in an egg cooker
The egg holding tray, depending on the model, can have from 3 to 7-8 compartments. When boiling eggs, incomplete loading of the cells is allowed. This means that 1-2 pieces can be cooked in any apparatus.
Additional egg cooker options
High-quality devices are equipped with a protective mechanism against overheating: an automatic shutdown is triggered when it is idle, a sound signal is given about the end of the working cycle. On sale, you can find a device with additional functions: special devices for cooking poached eggs, steaming fried eggs. The price of such an electric assistant is higher than that of a highly specialized model.
How long does it take to cook eggs in an egg cooker?
For true lovers of boiled eggs, a special device has been created – an egg cooker. It will allow you not to be mistaken with the time and temperature for different consistencies of eggs, their shell will not crack and will be easy to clean, even if you do not dip the product in cold water after cooking.
The peculiarity of cooking eggs in an egg cooker is that the shell must be pierced to eliminate excess pressure from the inside; for this, a special needle is included with the device. We put the eggs with a puncture down, pour the required amount of water in a measuring glass, turn on the desired mode and wait – as easy as shelling pears!
Cooking time: soft-boiled – 4 minutes, hard-boiled – 7-8 minutes.
How long do you cook an egg in a microwave egg cooker?
Surely you have heard that cooking eggs in the microwave are fraught with its long washing after. Microwaved eggs burst within seconds, but there is a way to avoid this. Put them in a container in one row, and fill them with water – so that it covers the eggs. The main part of the recipe is to add a teaspoon of salt to the container, this will prevent the eggs from bursting.
Cooking time (at medium power): soft-boiled – 4-6 minutes, hard-boiled – 8-10 minutes.
Is it OK to eat an egg every day?
Eggs, oddly enough, have a low-calorie content, and thanks to lecithin and choline, they contribute to the removal of fats and cholesterol from the body, which is not unimportant for people who care about their weight.
Are eggs good for men?
- Helps to build muscle tissue, reduce subcutaneous fat and increase muscle.
- Increases testosterone levels, which has a positive effect on intimate life, prostate health.
- They are good for vision. They contain lutein and zeaxanthin and can help reduce the risk of developing cataracts.
- One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and nine essential amino acids that prevent excess weight. Amino acids are involved in building muscles, and they also prevent the occurrence of dangerous diseases.
- Most men suffer from heart disease, which is why they die earlier than women. Regular consumption of eggs can help prevent blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks.
- One egg yolk contains about 300 micrograms of choline, a nutrient that helps regulate brain, nervous and cardiovascular function.
- Contains vitamins A, E, and vitamins of group B. These vitamins influence male strength and significantly improve it. There are especially many of them in egg yolks.
How are eggs useful for women?
- Yolks are rich in choline. This beneficial compound helps to protect the outer membranes of cells from destructive processes. Scientific experiments have shown that consuming 2 boiled eggs daily reduces the risk of breast cancer.
- The yolk contains a large proportion of iron, which is so necessary for women during regular blood loss. Another important component of the middle is vitamin D. It is extremely necessary for those girls and women who work hard and do not have the opportunity to regularly be outdoors.
- Eggs contain a significant amount of folate (vitamin B9). This vitamin is very important for women who are planning a pregnancy. It is folic acid that helps the fetus to form correctly from the very first days of conception.
- The shell is a valuable source of a whole galaxy of vitamins and minerals. Calcium, copper, phosphorus, molybdenum, silicon, and others – as many as 27 components that can make the hair and nails of any beautiful lady even stronger and shinier.
Eggs, together with the yolk, are powerful helpers in the struggle for a slender figure. Their main function is to help you defeat hunger. High-quality protein (one egg contains 6 g) makes them incredibly satisfying – with a low-calorie content (72 kcal per egg). In general, eat eggs in the morning, and they will not only calm your appetite for the next meal but will also fill you to the point that you eat fewer calories throughout the day.
Among other things, eggs stimulate calorie burning because protein requires more energy to digest than fat and carbohydrates. Protein is also needed to build and maintain lean muscles, which in turn boost metabolism. In addition, eggs help to eliminate the sudden surges in blood sugar and insulin, leading to the deposition of fat.
Protein is found both in the protein of the egg and in the yolk, but the yolks are more nutritious. If you want to seriously limit the calorie content of your food, use one whole egg and two egg whites for the omelet. (The white of an egg contains only 17 kcal.).
Modern Egg Cooker: Automatic Egg Cooking
Since the egg cooker is very easy to use, saves time, and retains all the useful and taste qualities of eggs, this device cannot be classified as a useless kitchen item. It is especially convenient to use the egg cooker on vacation or while preparing breakfast when every minute of the saved time counts. In addition, this device is very easy to care for – just wash the water container and egg tray after use.